Not sure what to serve for breakfast on Thanksgiving? How about donuts??? I’ll admit, this Gluten-Free Pumpkin Spice Donut recipe is way too ambitious for me. BUT, Anelyce sent me some of her donuts and they are so insanely amazing, I had to share. Being gluten-free, I hadn’t had a donut in YEARS, so these were a huge treat! I gobbled down 3 of them before the kids started yelling at me for not giving them some. If you’re a master chef and can whip these puppies up, here’s the recipe. If you’re not, like me, you can order a batch from Olive’s and have them shipped to your doorstep. So either way it’s a win. YUM! xo, Deva
By Anelyce Jones Forney of Olive’s Gluten Free Bakery * Adapted from MomAdvice.com
- 2 C all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2.5 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 C brown sugar (you can make your own by mixing molasses and sugar)
- 4 Tbsp melted butter – cooled
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp coconut milk
- 1 C pumpkin puree
Makes 12 donuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- You can use a stand mixer or mix by hand. I usually mix by hand.
- In mixing bowl add flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, brown sugar. Whisk until all dry ingredients are blended.
- In separate medium size bowl- mix eggs, butter, coconut milk and pumpkin puree.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients and mix thoroughly until smooth.
- Using a pastry bag or large gallon size zip lock bag with end cut off – pipe donut batter into donut pan.
- Fill batter to top of donut pan.
- Bake for 8-10 min until toothpick comes out clean and donuts are spongy when touched.
- Once cool – drizzle with maple icing and top with walnuts or roll in cinnamon/sugar.
- Both are a perfect topping for this amazing donut.
Olive’s Gluten-Free Bakery was created to offer delicious, tasty donuts, muffins and other baked goods to those that have to avoid wheat in their diet. After realizing that I had a severe gluten allergy in 2012, I started to practice and develop recipes that baked flavorful, fluffy, delicious desserts that no one noticed were gluten-free. Olive’s is an online bakery with shipping available, so everyone across the United States can enjoy my delicious gluten-free baked goods. You can find Olive’s Gluten-Free Bakery on Facebook!