By Agapi Burkard of Mrs. B’s Sweetery
You can’t have Thanksgiving without gravy! Because gravy is so … gravy! Here is a delicious gluten-free, dairy-free dairy recipe that’s so good you’ll be like, “Gluten? We don’t need no stinkin’ gluten!”
- Makes about 3 cups
- Roasting pan with juices from your turkey
- 1 cup dry Sherry (or can use a dry Riesling)
- 4 1/2 cups giblet stock, either homemade or store bought (but make sure it’s GF!)
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons Earth Balance Buttery Sticks
- Pour pan juices from your turkey roasting pan into a gravy separator, and let stand until separated, 10 minutes.
- Pour off fat, leaving juices.
- Place your turkey roasting pan over 2 burners on medium heat.
- Add the Sherry or wine, and simmer, stirring and scraping pan constantly, for 2 minutes. Add the reserved pan juices and 4 cups stock, and bring to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, whisk together remaining 1/2 cup stock and the cornstarch in a bowl until smooth.
- Whisking constantly, slowly add cornstarch mixture to the pan.
- Simmer until gravy is reduced by half and coats the back of a spoon, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add buttery sticks, and swirl pan until it has melted.
- Pour through a sieve, discarding solids.
- Serve immediately or keep warm over low heat.
- Gravy will thicken as it sits.
Agapi Burkard is mom to two gluten-free, dairy-free boys. In her quest to provide delicious gluten-free treats to her little guys, she has perfected her gluten-free baking and is in the process of opening a gluten-free bakery Mrs. B’s Sweetery. Her husband Bruce is the official taste tester and still 8 lbs lighter.