My daughter asked for a sleepover party with her 5 BFFs for her birthday this year. And since I’m pretty much the nicest mom on earth (when I’m not screaming) I said yes. After days of preparation, it was game time. The look on her face alone when she was snuggled into her sleeping bag alongside all of her besties made it all worth it. But I ain’t gonna lie, throwing a sleepover isn’t a cake walk (but you will walk on a lot of spilled cake). You need survival tips. And I’ve got ‘em.
Here are five ways to survive a tween sleepover:
- DRINK lots of coffee before the big event. You’ll need staying power ‘cause there’s no way on earth those kids will be down anytime before midnight.
- DRINK lots of wine to get you through the 10,000 decibel screaming that occurs whenever groups of two or more tweens gather in one place.
- DRINK lots of Redbull to help you make that final push until the kids pass out.
- DRINK lots of water to stave off a hangover. You’ll need to be in tip-top shape for your 5am wakeup call.
- DRINK lots of coffee the next morning. You’ll need it to fortify yourself to deal with the cranky, sugar-crashed, sleep-deprived kids until their parents fiiiiiiiiinally come get them (THANK GOD!).
In short the key to surviving a sleepover—DRINK!