I stopped eating gluten almost two years ago. Why? Because being gluten-free is like totally in fashion and I like being fashionable. Just kidding. I stopped eating gluten because I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disorder called Hashimoto’s and gluten was making me sick. When I first gave up the delicious goodness that is gluten, I stood in the grocery store aisle and cried. WTF was I supposed to eat NOW? I mourned the loss of bread. And bagels. And pizza. But I’ve since realized that going gluten-free is actually really easy these days. And being gluten-free doesn’t mean you have to give up eating bread and bagels and pizza. You just have to find the gluten-free options that don’t taste like cardboard!
One challenge of being gluten-free is surviving holiday meals without going hungry. Thanksgiving dinner is FULL of gluten. The stuffing. The gravy. The pies. Oh my! So to spare all of my gluten-free peeps out there the horror of a Thanksgiving dinner without the good stuff, I’ve compiled some of my favorite Thanksgiving recipes from some of my favorite foodies:
1) Delish Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pie Recipe from Gluten Free Traditions.
2) Awesome Vegan Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Apricot Hazelnut Stuffing from VeegMama.
3) Gluten-Free, Dairy- Free Sherry Gravy from Agapi Burkard of Mrs. B’s Sweetery.
4) Gluten-Free Pumpkin Spice Donut Recipe from Anelyce Jones Forney of Olive’s Gluten-Free Bakery.
5) Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Cornbread Stuffing with Chestnut, Sausage and Apple Dressing from Agapi Burkard of Mrs. B’s Sweetery.
6) Garlicy Green Beans from Abbey Campbell Cook of Adventures in Woo Woo Land.