Moms put up with a lot of crap. We tolerate being bitten, pooped on, yelled at—you name it! But there are certain things that cross the line. Certain injustices that should never, ever happen to moms. I’m not talking about big, huge awful things here (thankfully), I’m talking about the little annoyances that make parenting just that much more exhausting.
Here are things that I believe should never happen to moms:
1) Getting sick while your kids are sick. It’s bad enough when moms get sick, but when your kids are sick at the same time, it’s just wrong. Unlike matching PJs, matching stomach flus are not cute.
2) Bad hair days. Don’t the hair gods know we only have 30 seconds a day to spend on our hair??? Moms don’t have time for frizzy or flat. We need good hair and we need it fast.
3) Insomnia. It’s sheer hell when you can’t sleep at 3am while your brood is happily snoring away. Moms are sleep deprived enough as it is, we don’t need an extra dose of sleeplessness EVER!
4) Periods. I know these are necessary evils that helped us become moms in the first place, but periods are a huge PITA to deal with when you’re a mom. It’s impossible to get to the bathroom to change your pad or tampon and when you DO finally get to the toilet, you have to deal with the inevitable barrage of questions: “Why are you wearing a diaper, Mommy?” “Where did you just stick that? In your butt? Can I try?”
5) Getting stuck in traffic. We moms spend enough time in the f*&%ing car with screaming kids. Adding traffic jams to the mix is just cruel and unusual punishment.
Got any more? Share them in the comments below! Oh, and if you like this post I would be honored if you shared it with your friends on Facebook!